What you need:
- 2 boxes of Jell-o (this will probably make more than you need - depending on your class size- but ensures that everyone gets a turn mixing)
- follow directions on the packet
- I let all of the kids have a turn pouring in some water, and mixing. (highlight how the color of the Jell-o changes as it gets wet)
- Have the kids use soup laddels to pour Jell-O into their cup
- Let set over night and add orange slices to each cup.
- Add a pirate flag toothpick (you can look for them in party supply stores. I made my own. Download the pirate flags here)