End of the Summ-arghhh Treasure Hunt
Summer school came to a close yesterday and we ended with a Pirate Party! Our SLP (speech and language pathologist) devised a treasure hunt for us. While we had a dance party, she came in and hid a bunch of pirate clues around the classroom and hid the pirate treasure in the kindergarten playground. The clues were simple enough for our 3-5 year olds to figure out (with supports).
Some of the clues were:
- Where do we put the trash? -- trash can
- I sail on the ocean. -- a big box we turned into a pirate ship
- I go "flush!" -- the handrail behind the toilet
- You can water the flowers with me -- watering can
- You climb up on me and then go down. Weee! -- Slide
- Look for a shovel and bucket in me-- sand box
It was awesome to be able to turn our fun party into a speech lesson as well. Inside of the treasure box were our party supplies. Balloons, pirate tattoos, face paint, Pirate's Booty, Ice Cream Cones, and an ice cream scoop (the ice cream was safe in the freezer!).
When we came back inside we had one heck of a preschool party! Complete with a Disney pirate themed CD that I just got on clearance at Party City for 50 cents!
Here are some images from our party! Enjoy!